- » Key resources and services
The Aboriginal cancer partnership project
This project aims to reduce the burden of cancer in Aboriginal communities and build the capacity of health professionals working in cancer care in New South Wales.
The objectives include:
- improving cancer health outcomes of Aboriginal people
- raising awareness, and increasing the capacity of communities to respond to cancer
- enhancing the skills, knowledge, and capacity of the Aboriginal health workforce
- building partnerships between Aboriginal controlled and mainstream health services to improve the cultural competency of health professionals and the access to cancer care services for Aboriginal people
- reducing the barriers that Aboriginal people experience when accessing cancer care services.
This project is a collaboration between the Cancer Institute NSW, Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council, Cancer Council NSW, and NSW Ministry of Health.
Aboriginal cancer partnership project
Ph: (02) 8374 5623