- » Key resources and services
- » Programs and projects
- » The Centre for Research Excellence in Respiratory Health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children (CRE)
The Centre for Research Excellence in Respiratory Health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children (CRE)
This project aims to improve the lung health of children, in particular, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Many lung diseases seen in adults start in the childhood years. They are often preventable and/or treatable if diagnosed before permanent damage to the lungs occurs.
The aims of this five year program of research (2012-2017) are:
- generate new knowledge that leads to improved health outcomes
- ensure transfer of research outcomes into health policy and/or practice
- develop the health and medical research workforce, particularly of Indigenous researchers
- facilitate collaboration
- record research and translation achievements.
Abstract adapted from Menzies School of Health Research
Dr Deborah Holt
Report broken link