- » Key resources and services
Moorditj boodjaree yorgers (maternal health program)
The Moorditj boodjaree yorgers program aims to provide Indigenous women in the Bentley-Armadale area with antenatal and postnatal support.
The antenatal component of the program provides women with:
- check-ups at home
- information, education, and resources on a range of topics including pregnancy, nutrition, and taking baby home
- links to community support services available in the area
- assistance attending antenatal care and general practitioner appointments.
The postnatal component of the program provides women with:
- at home support from a midwife and Indigenous health worker for up to 6 weeks after birth
- information and resources about a range of topics including, breastfeeding and immunisation
- links to childcare services, playgroups, child and family health services, and breastfeeding support groups available in the area.
Abstract adapted from the Bentley-Armadale Medical Local
Report broken link