- » Key resources and services
Riverland young Indigenous men suicide prevention project
This project sought to reduce suicide and self-harming among young Aboriginal males in the Riverland region, South Australia. It involved the following components:
- improve access to existing services
- raise community awareness about suicide
- teach young Aboriginal males how to identify risky behaviours
- build the capacity of young Aboriginal males to access support and services.
This suicide prevention project required buidling partnerships between local services and the communtiy to enhance the quality of life and mental health status of young Aboriginal men living in the region.
Child Adolescent Mental Health Service
Riverland Regional Health Service
Berri SA 5343
Ph: (08) 8582 4290
Fax: (08) 8582 4295
Stacey K, Keller N, Gibson B, Johnson R, Jury L, Kelly D, Newchurch L, Ryan B, Short T (2007)
Promoting mental health and well-being in Aboriginal contexts: successful elements of suicide prevention work.
Health Promotion Journal of Australia; 18(3): 1
Report broken link