- » Key resources and services
Alive and well Walgett Shire
Alive and well Walgett Shire was a program that aimed to focus on improving access to healthy food choices across the Walgett community in New South Wales.
To achieve this, the Shire:
- undertook a food audit of the Walgett Shire, identifying current health food availability in businesses within the shire
- developed a package of training and capacity building for food businesses within the shire
- developed a statement of commitment to serve healthy food signed by all participating businesses and a commitment to have at least five healthy options provided and promoted
- developed a range of marketing materials for use by food businesses, promoting the healthy food available (including symbols for identification)
- celebrated with community events.
'I'm Not Fussy', an online directory for safe eating, managed the project by working and supporting the local businesses to achieve healthier food choices and a healthier lifestyle for the Walgett Shire community. 'I'm Not Fussy' is no longer accessible online.
The program was supported by a grant from the Cancer Council NSW, as part of their Alive & well grants program.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Walgett Shire Council
77 Fox Street
PO Box 31
Walgett NSW 2932
Ph: (02) 6828 1399
Fax: (02) 6828 1608
Black R (2011)
Healthy food options = Alive and Well food map: Walgett Shire.
Walgett Shire: I'm Not Fussy
Report broken link