Alive and well Walgett Shire
Walgett Shire Council in New South Wales (NSW) has received a grant from Cancer Council NSW as part of their Alive & well grants program. The grant will fund Alive and well Walgett Shire, a program that will focus on improving access to healthy food choices across the community. To achieve this, the Shire will:
- undertake a food audit of the Walgett Shire, identifying current health food availability in businesses within the shire
- develop a package of training and capacity building for food businesses within the shire
- have a statement of commitment to serve healthy food signed by all participating businesses and a commitment to have at least five healthy options provided and promoted
- develop a range of marketing materials for use by food businesses, promoting the healthy food available (including symbols for identification)
- celebrate with community events.
I'm Not Fussy, an online directory for safe eating, is managing the project by working and supporting the local businesses to achieve healthier food choices and a healthier lifestyle for the Walgett Shire community.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Chief Executive Officer
I'm Not Fussy
Ph: (02) 8007 4812
Black R (2011)
Healthy food options = Alive and Well food map: Walgett Shire.
Walgett Shire: I'm Not Fussy