- » Key resources and services
Quitline Aboriginal Liaison Team (QALT) community engagement project
The Quitline Aboriginal Liaison Team (QALT) community engagement project is an initiative which aims to enhance and support the provision of culturally secure services to Aboriginal people in Western Australia (WA). This project is funded under the Tackling Indigenous smoking measure, and facilitated by the Alcohol and drug information service (ADIS) of the Drug and Alcohol Office of WA.
The project is based in the Perth metropolitan area, and uses a community engagement model to achieve the following objectives:
- increase the capacity of Quitline counsellors to provide support to Aboriginal people in a culturally secure manner
- increase the level of awareness and knowledge of Quitline
- increase readiness to quit, number of quit attempts, and successful quit attempts among Aboriginal people.
Abstract adapted from the Western Australian Drug and Alcohol conference
Ph: 13 78 48
Alcohol and drug information service (ADIS)
PO Box 126
Mount Lawley WA 6929
Ph: (08) 9442 5000
Ph: 1800 198 024 (country)
Fax: (08) 9442 5020
Keen J, Parfitt P (2012)
QALT community engagement project.
Paper presented at the Making it happen: improving services through collaboration: 2012 Western Australian Drug and Alcohol Conference. 6-8 August 2012, Burswood Convention Centre, Perth
Western Australian Quitline Aboriginal liaison project resource package (2011)
Quitline Aboriginal Liaison Team
This resource package contains information on the harms of tobacco use, and useful advice on quitting smoking. The resources were produced as part of the Western Australian Quitline Aboriginal Liaison Team (QALT) community engagement project.
The resource package contains eight brochures, one poster and one booklet.
- Did you know about Quitline? [brochure]
- Getting the best start - protecting our children and pregnant women from second hand smoke [brochure]
- Gunja and tobacco - even more risky together [brochure]
- Have you thought about quitting the smokes? [brochure]
- Information you should know about the No Smoking Policy [brochure]
- Journey to quit smokes for a healthier life [poster]
- Protecting your family and friends from second-hand smoke [brochure]
- Quitting plan [brochure]
- Strong spirit strong mind: what our people need to know about smoking tobacco [brochure]
- Tobacco free family [booklet].
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract