- » Key resources and services
Koori youth justice pre and post release program
The Koori pre and post release program has three components with cater to young Koori people in custory and leaving custody:
- effective pre and post release services
- intensive, culturally-based management focused on developing family and community support and linkages with specialist services
- cultural programs, offered in the Youth Justice Centres.
These three components are coordinated by a Senior advisor and Koori intensive pre/post release practitioners.
The delivery of cultural programs is tailored to meet the requirements of the demographics of each centre.
Abstract adapted from Department of Human Services Victoria
Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria
50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Ph: (03) 9096 0000 or 1800 783 783
Koori youth justice (2009)
Victorian Department of Human Services
The Koori youth justice factsheet, produced by the Victorian Department of Human Services, provides information on youth justice programs designed for Koori people in Victoria. The factsheet includes details on:
- the Koori youth justice program
- the Koori intensive bail support program
- the Koori early school leavers and youth education program
- the Koori pre and post release program
- the Yannabil youth justice Koori visitors program
- the health and safety of young people in custody
- Aboriginal cultural support plans
- the role of youth justice units
- the Victorian Aboriginal Justice Agreement
- training and future directions.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Report broken link