- » Key resources and services
DriveSafe NT Remote
This driver education and licensing program aims to enhance the wellbeing and safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in remote areas of the Northern Territory. It is known that having a drivers license provides greater opportunities and access to services including health, education and training. The program involves:
- the trial of a range of approaches which may increase and enhance driver licensing opportunities and services
- developing partnerships on a local community level so that Indigenous people can obtain learner driver and provisional driver licences
- working beyond driver education and training to include education about the driver licensing process
- train and support learner driver mentors (at a community level) who will provide supervision for driving practice
- providing access to vehicles to practice driving skills
- providing participants in the program access to the process for obtaining a license from their local community.
The program is based on the DriveSafe NT urban driver education and training program.
DriveSafe NT Remote Project Manager
Ph: (08) 8924 7011
Report broken link