- » Key resources and services
Spectacle subsidy schemes across Australia
Spectacle subsidy and assistance schemes are available in each state and territory of Australia. Each scheme has varying criteria which provides eye care and medical aids for patients at a low cost, or no cost in some cases.
- New South Wales: NSW spectacle program is managed by Vision Australia on behalf of the NSW Government
- Victoria: Spectacle subsidy scheme for Aboriginal Victorians is managed by the Department of Health Victoria in partnership with the Australian College of Optometry (ACO)
- Queensland: Spectacle supply scheme (SSS) is run as part of the Medical aids subsidy acheme (MASS) by Queensland Health, Queensland Government
- South Australia: SA government spectacle scheme is managed by the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
- Western Australia: WA spectacle subsidy scheme is managed by the Department of Health WA
- Tasmania: Tasmanian spectacles assistance scheme is run by the Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania.
- Northern Territory: NT pensioner and carer concession scheme includes a spectacle subsidy and is managed by the Department of Health, Northern Territory
- Australian Capital Territory: ACT spectacles subsidy scheme is run as part of the ACT concessions program which is administered by the ACT Department of Disability, Housing and Community.