- » Key resources and services
Blue Mountains Aboriginal Healthy For Life Program
The Blue Mountains Aboriginal Healthy For Life Program is an Australian Government program that is aimed at helping Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people improve their health.
The Aboriginal Healthy For Life Program aims to:
- enhance the quality of life for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic and complex illness
- improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mothers, babies and children
- improve the long term health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
- reduce the incidence of adult chronic illness over time
- improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and boys.
The Blue Mountains Aboriginal Healthy For Life team is made up of two registered nurses, a male and female Aboriginal outreach worker, a Aboriginal child and family worker, a Healthy for life practice/project support officer and a program manager. The team assists by:
- meeting in the family home or other preferref location place to chat about health issues
- providing a link to health professionals, doctors or specialists
- arranging regular health checks
- arranging transport to health appointments.
The program has an emphasis on:
- men's and boy's health
- mums, bubs and kids health and wellbeing
- chronic, complex and aged care.
Abstract adapted from Nepean-Blue Mountains Medicare Local
Nepean-Blue Mountains Medicare Local
Healthy for Life Team
7-9 Rosedale Avenue
Hazelbrook NSW 2779
Locked bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2571
Ph: (02) 4708 8300
Fax: (02) 4758 9078
Report broken link