- » Key resources and services
Positive Futures: Social Inclusion Program for Young People
The Positive Futures project took place in the community of Wujal Wujal in the Cape York Peninsula area of Queensland. It was run by Queensland Police-Citizens Youth Welfare Association (PCYC).
This project aimed to:
- re-engage young people with their communities
- reduce the risk of young people coming into contact with formal statutory processes, such as the youth justice system
- improve young people's participation in society, particularly in education, training, and employment.
The project's methods included:
- the development of relationships and mutual trust between responsible adults and marginalised young people
- the effective use of creative community partnerships across existing sports, arts, and cultural providers.
The project was funded by Queensland's Department of Communities.
Abstract adapted from Queensland Police and Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC)
Queensland Police-Citizens Youth Welfare Association
30 Graystone Street
Tingalpa Qld 4173
GPO Box 1440
Brisbane Qld 4001
Ph: (07) 3909 9555
Report broken link