- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA)
Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA)
Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA) is a national organisation which initiates and supports health promotion in schools across Australia. It endorses a broad view of health consistent with the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. The organisation also provides resources and information on conferences. The Association endeavours to:
- promote nationally the concept of health promoting schools
- encourage collaboration among existing agencies, professional associations, government departments and student and parent groups
- advocate and strengthen participation in school health activities and national and state policy development
- work towards the sustainability of health curricula together with other social and environmental issues in the total program of educational institutions
- establish a mechanism for the exchange of information, expertise and resources between states and jurisdictions
- act as an advocate for a comprehensive approach to health issues in school communities
- support research related to health promoting schools.
AHPSA is governed by a council made up of the executive and state representatives.
Abstact adapted from Australian Health Promoting Schools Association