- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA)
Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA)
Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA) is a national organisation which initiates and supports health promotion in schools across Australia. It endorses a broad view of health consistent with the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. The organisation also provides resources and information on conferences. The Association endeavours to:
- promote nationally the concept of health promoting schools
- encourage collaboration among existing agencies, professional associations, government departments and student and parent groups
- advocate and strengthen participation in school health activities and national and state policy development
- work towards the sustainability of health curricula together with other social and environmental issues in the total program of educational institutions
- establish a mechanism for the exchange of information, expertise and resources between states and jurisdictions
- act as an advocate for a comprehensive approach to health issues in school communities
- support research related to health promoting schools.
AHPSA is governed by a council made up of the executive and state representatives.
AHPSA has now merged with the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER).
Abstact adapted from Australian Health Promoting Schools Association
Report broken link