- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal Health is a strategic policy division in the Western Australian (WA) Government Department of Health that provides leadership, high level consultancy and direction. This organisation provides a strategic coordination role in ensuring that the health system works effectively and equitably for Aboriginal people in WA.
Aboriginal health aims to:
- lead and participate in key Aboriginal health action, both locally and nationally
- provide a cultural lens on WA Health's strategic activity
- broker between the Aboriginal community and government on Aboriginal health agendas
- participate and seek opportunities for WA input into national and state priorities and partnerships
- monitor and report on system performance against national reporting requirements
- embed and communicate that Aboriginal health is everyone's business
- facilitate government and non-government agencies working together to drive system reform and establish sustainable partnerships.
Adapted from Aboriginal Health abstract
Department of Health
Ground Floor, C Block
189 Royal Street
East Perth WA 6004
Ph: (08) 9222 2478