- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » Aboriginal Corporation for Sport and Recreational Activities (ACSRA)
Aboriginal Corporation for Sport and Recreational Activities (ACSRA)
The Aboriginal Corporation for Sporting and Recreational Activities (ACSRA) strives to ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have resources of equitable status as those provided to mainstream sporting and recreational organisations including those for elite athletes.
ACSRA objectives are to:
- provide access to sporting, recreational and cultural activities
- meet the needs of the community
- increase awareness and participation rates in organised events
- provide co-ordinated approach in sports and recreational activities
- establish a process to access high standard mainstream facilities
- negotiate opportunities for sports scholarships with relevant bodies for talented Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sports persons
- provide activities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders with disabilities and Elders
- improve organisational capacity to facilitate additional programs and services
- provide ongoing support for activities that have cultural significance.
ACSRA promotes reconciliation and education of Indigenous culture at sporting events and provides Fun Days where the wider community is encouraged to take part in social events, NAIDOC week activities and Indigenous sporting events.
Aboriginal Corporation for Sporting and Recreational Activities abstract
Aboriginal Corporation for Sporting Recreational Activities
PO Box 33
Narrabundah ACT 2604
Ph: (02) 6296 8557
Fax: (02) 6239 7487