- » Key resources and services
Alukura provides a range of culturally appropriate health services to Aboriginal women. The centre is a women's health and maternal and child health care centre and is set in a safe and women-friendly environment near Alice Springs.
Culturally appropriate services include:
- well women's checks
- sexual health checks
- contraception and fertility advice
- antenatal care - for mother and baby during pregnancy
- postnatal care - for mother and baby up to six weeks after baby is born
- breastfeeding support
- weekly obstetrics and gynecology specialist clinic
- dietetic services.
The centre runs a number of education programs including:
- Young women's community health education program
- Australian nurse family partnership program
- Grandmothers and aunties program.
Alukura is a branch of Central Australian Aboriginal Congress.
Alice Springs NT 0871
Ph: (08) 8953 2727
Report broken link