- » Key resources and services
General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA)
GPRA is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the next generation of general practitioners. Its primary objective is to:
- improve the health care of all Australians through excellence in education and training
- ensure that general practice is the medical specialty of choice of doctors.
The GPRA's Close the gap sub-committee is concerned with issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander GP registrars in Australia and their patients. Its aims are:
- To support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander registrars
- Encourage registrars to consider the benefits of working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health training posts, and increase the number of GP registrars working in these posts
- Ensure excellent standards of employment and training for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander GP registrars.
Abstract adapted from General Practice Registrars Australia
General Practice Registrars Australia
Level 4 517 Flinders Lane
Melbourne Vic 3001
Ph: 1300 131 198
Fax: (03) 9629 8896
Report broken link