- » Key resources and services
OneSight is a charitable foundation of the Luxottica Group dedicated to providing healthy vision, eyewear and sun protection to those in need worldwide. The foundation aims to restore and preserve clear vision for the over 284 million adults and children who suffer from poor vision. OneSight is the combination of three former Luxottica charitable programs, Give the Gift of Sight and the Pearle Vision Foundation in North America, as well as Community I-Care in Australia.
OneSight volunteers act through four program areas:
- global eye care
- optical examinations and free eye care and eyewear through temporary optical clinics operating worldwide
- partnerships with local ophthalmologists or international doctor outreach organisations to perform optical surgery
- regional eye care
- partnerships with local charitable organisations to provide free eye care and new eyewear in Australia and other regions through temporary optical clinics and vision vans
- community eye care
- in-store (Laubman and Pank, OPSM, or Budget Eyewear) and outreach programs, particularly the supply of 'vision vouchers' through local partners including The Salvation Army, The Benevolent Society, and Mission Australia
- research and education
- funding of research focused on diabetic and paediatric eye diseases and investment in the next generation of optometric professionals through educational scholarships in the United States.
This organisation is not Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific.
Abstract adapted from OneSight
OneSight Australia - New Zealand
75 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Ph: (02) 9815 2333
Report broken link