- » Key resources and services
SGIO Community grants program
The SGIO Community grants program provides community organisations with funding to engage and educate communities via environmentally sustainable activities.
The funding is provided for four different categories:
- environment: initiatives in this category will engage communities in on-ground activities that address local environmental issues and raise awareness about ways to reduce carbon emissions, such as regenerating significant natural assets or energy, waste, and water reduction projects
- emergency readiness and response: initiatives in this category will educate local community members on how to prepare and take action to minimise and/or prevent the likelihood and severity of incidents in and around the home or local community during storms, floods, fires and other natural disasters
- road safety: initiatives in this category will seek to change behaviours and attitudes of drivers, pedestrians and other road users to reduce the likelihood and severity of road incidents
- crime prevention: initiatives in this category will aim to reduce the opportunity for crime in local communities.
One-off grants are available from $500 to $10,000. Groups that are eligible for funding include not-for-profit organisations, registered charities, schools, community groups/services and councils working in conjunction with not-for-profit or community organisations.
Application details: Applications are open for one month during March each year.
Community Grants Team
Ph: 1300 306 496