Indigenous Broadcasting Program funding
The Indigenous Broadcast Program (IBP) provides funding to support Indigenous community radio broadcasting and to address the broadcasting needs of Indigenous people living in remote, regional and urban areas of Australia. Its objective is to strengthen Indigenous broadcasters and build a more sustainable Indigenous broadcasting sector.
The IBP aims to:
- support the operations of Indigenous-owned and controlled radio broadcasting services, including Remote Indigenous Media Organisations
- support the development and broadcast of programming that promotes local Indigenous culture and languages
- enhance Indigenous broadcasting services by supporting national representation that serves and develops the sector's capacity
- support broadcasting services that are able to inform and educate Indigenous Australians on accessing the range of health, legal, education and housing services available to them
- help develop an Indigenous broadcasting sector that meets all governance and business managements requirements
- provide opportunities for broadcasting workers to develop professional skills and experience.
The Government is providing $15.8 million to the IBP in 2013-14. Applications will be assessed against the published program guidelines and assessment criteria.
Ph: 1800 006 992