- » Key resources and services
Alzheimer's Australia Research - Dementia grants program
Alzheimer's Australia Research (AAR) offers a range of awards. They include; new investigator grants, grants into dementia care, travel grants as well as postgraduate scholarships and postdoctoral fellowships.The following grants are offered by the organisation:
- The AAR dementia research grants, to the value of $30,000, for research in a dementia-relevant area.
- The Hazel Hawke research grants, to the value of $30,000 for research into dementia care.
- The Rosemary Foundation travel grant, to the value of $15,000, enables an Australian researcher or clinician to travel overseas for a period of approximately one month, and learn new techniques and/or network with other researchers in a hospital or university setting.
- The Viertel Foundation postdoctoral fellowship in dementia, $45,000 per annum over two years, supports a PhD graduate undertaking research in an area related to dementia.
- The AAR postdoctoral fellowships in dementia, $50,000 per annum over two years, support PhD graduates undertaking research in an area related to dementia.
- The Viertel Foundation postgraduate research scholarship in dementia, $30,000 per annum each for three years (tax-free), supports a PhD student undertaking biomedical or psychosocial research in dementia.
- The AAR postgraduate research scholarship in dementia, $30,000 per annum each for three years (tax-free), supports a PhD student undertaking research in an area related to dementia.
- The Resthaven Inc. postgraduate research scholarship - quality in dementia care, $30,000 per annum for three years, will be offered to a student undertaking a research PhD in an area relevant to quality in dementia care.
Application details: The closing dates vary for each grant, please refer to the information page (see link below).
Ph: (02) 6254 4233