- » Key resources and services
Cultural competency for supervisors of Aboriginal people
Target audience: People who supervise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the workplace.
Course summary: This course provides participants with the necessary cultural competency skills in order to increase Indigenous retention in the workplace. The course objectives include knowledge of:
- cultural competence and how to achieve focused, sustained shifts in core areas
- motivators and predictors of social bias and the skills associated with social empathy
- Indigenous Australian health, history, government policies and culture
- the common causes of employment cessation and how to support Indigenous employees
- learning differences between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- the common characteristics and organisational structures of culturally competent organisations
- recruitment strategies for increasing the number of Indigenous employees in the workplace.
Fee payable: Yes
Delivery mode: On site. This course is offered annually in different locations around Australia. Please see the Indigenous Psychological Services website for an up-to-date schedule of courses.
Indigenous Psychological Services
Ph: (08) 9362 2036
Fax: (08) 9362 5546