- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal cultural awareness training
Target audience: Non-Indigenous people who work with Indigenous communities and people and wish to expand their Aboriginal cultural awareness.
Course summary: This course provides participants with an introduction to Aboriginal cultural awareness. Course content includes:
- Aboriginal cultures, nations and protocols, family and kinship systems
- discrimination, myths and stereotypes
- the impact of colonisation and its effect on contemporary Aboriginal peoples
- current statistics regarding Aboriginal people
- Aboriginal identity and how to improve communication
- practical strategies around working effectively with Aboriginal people in developing culturally appropriate programs and services.
Fee payable: Yes
Delivery mode: On site
Financial support for Indigenous students: Not specified
Mobile: 0431 444 705