Skip to content
Target audience: Aboriginal health professionals in Western Australia
Course summary: Topics covered in the 5-day metro program include: how cancer develops, the types of cancer affecting Aboriginal people, cancer treatment, palliative care, cancer prevention and early detection of the disease.
The course aims to provide education and skills training about cancer:
• to increase the participants' understanding and knowledge of cancer prevention, treatment and impact of the disease
• to improve the care of Aboriginal people with cancer in Western Australia
• to develop a state-wide network amongst Aboriginal health professionals caring for people with cancer.
Cancer Council WA will cover:
• travel expenses (to and from Perth);
• accommodation, all meals and transfers;
• course registration
• study notes.
Fee payable: Registration is free
Delivery mode: On site
Louise De Busch
Cancer Council WA
Ph:(08) 9388 4382