- » Key resources and services
Preventable chronic conditions course (Darwin and Alice Springs)
Target audience: Health professionals in the Northern Territory
Course summary: This course provides health professionals with a sound introduction to the knowledge, skills in relation to the prevention, early detection, and management of chronic conditions effectively in a community context. Course contents include:
- undertaking a systematic approach to chronic conditions including population health and prevention, continuous quality improvement, community development programs & current chronic conditions management strategy for the NT
- health care clinical systems to improve chronic disease management including: screening, recall systems, care coordination & case conferencing
- clinical tools to assist to promote self management of chronic conditions including, motivational interviewing and care planning, brief interventions, sharing health information & ways to enhance health communication
- managing chronic conditions requires a different ethical approach to that of managing acute illness.
Fee payable: no cost
Delivery mode: On site
Financial support for Indigenous students: Not specified
Please note that more information will be available closer to the course date.
Ph: (08) 8944 8342
Ph: (08) 8955 6158