- » Key resources and services
Target audience: Health care professionals working in the NT
Course summary: This course covers prevention, early detection and management of clients with chronic renal conditions in a community context.
Topics covered include:
- current best practice for the management and treatment of clients with chronic renal disorders
- knowledge and skills to provide options of care to clients with chronic renal disorders including dialysis and conservative treatment
- anatomy and physiology of the renal system
- anaemia and erythropoiesis, iron and hypo-responsiveness, and cardiovascular complications of anaemia
- dialysis options, transplant, symptom management, care coordination and case conferencing.
The course includes interactive learning sessions and an open book assessment to be completed during the course.
Fee payable: Not specified
Delivery mode: On site
Financial support for Indigenous students: Not specified
NT Government Department of Health
87 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0800
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811
Ph: (08) 8999 2400
Renal course enquiries:
Ph: (08) 8948 9000