Certificate IV in Community Services Work
This course consists of 10 core units, plus 4 electives.
The 10 core units include:
- work within a community development framework;
- identify and respond to children and young people at risk;
- use targeted communication skills to build relationships;
- work within a relevant legal and ethical framework;
- work effectively in the community sector;
- deliver and develop client services;
- respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately;
- maintain an effective work environment;
- work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers; and
- contribute to OHS processes.
The course will be offered specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at the Adelaide and Port Adelaide campuses.
This certificate can be a pathway to higher level qualifications in youth work, mental health and alcohol and other drugs work.
TAFE SA Information
Da Costa Arcade
Shop 4, GHD Building
68 Grenfell Street
PO Box 320
Adelaide SA 5001
Freecall: 1800 882 661