- » Key resources and services
Cultural competency for supervisors of Aboriginal people workshop
This course focusses on the necessary skills and attitudes that are most effective in improving the cultural competencies of participants. The course content has a strong focus on on the skills needed for working effectively with Aboriginal people, as well as the development of skills that are needed to retain Aboriginal people in the workplace.
At the end of this course, participants should have a greater understanding of:
- cultural competence in the workplace
- motivators and predictors of racial bias and skills associated with cultural empathy
- Aboriginal health, history, government policies and culture
- the most common causes of employment cessation for Aboriginal people
- cultural learning style and how these differences affect supervision approaches
- differences in communication between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people
- the common characteristics of culturally competent organisations
- how to increase the number of Aboriginal employees.
Indigenous Psychological Services (IPS)
Ph: (08) 9362 2036
Fax: (08) 9362 5546