- » Key resources and services
2016 National Stolen Generations conference
This conference aims to provide an educational platform to the wider community and endeavours to assist in a sensitive and culturally appropriate way with healing the spirit, mind and body of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Conference topics include:
- educating the wider public about issues affecting Stolen Generations families
- highlighting community-based programs assisting members of Stolen Generations
- testimonials and personal journeys of healing
- issues concerning the national apology
- successful family and community re-integration strategies
- establishing or strengthening existing Stolen Generations network
- challenges in dealing with separation, grief and loss
- sharing of stories from members of stolen generations across the nation
- showcasing positive outcomes for members and families of Stolen Generations.
A conference agenda is available on request, please follow the links below.
Venue: Grand Mercure Resort, Gold Coast, Queensland