- » Key resources and services
Cognitive behavioral therapy and counselling skills workshop
This workshop is run by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Western Australia Faculty (RACGP WA).
The workshop will presented by Clinical Psychologist Lidia Genovese.The program is aimed at GPs who wish to develop their skills beyond the basics and take their counselling skills to the next level.
- develop an understanding of the range of evidence based FPS
- develop an understanding of the rationale for the use of FPS in different clinical circumstances
- improve your ability to provide FPS to consumers as part of a GP mental health treatment plan for common mental disorders
- increase your understanding of practice systems (and other issues) which safeguard patient safety in providing mental healthcare
- develop knowledge of the experience of mental disorders from the perspective of consumers and their families, friends and/or other carers
- develop a greater knowledge of the value of supervision and other professional development to maintain and extend skills in the provision of FPS over time gain a working knowledge of the Medicare Benefits Schedule item numbers for provision of FPS by GPs.
Ph: (08) 9489 9555