- » Key resources and services
- » Conferences and events
- » Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) continuing education workshops for nurses in general practice
Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) continuing education workshops for nurses in general practice
The event begins with a keynote presentation from Dr Rick Kausman, author of If not dieting, then what? who will speak on Lifestyle and weight management how you can lead the way in supporting patients to balance health weight and happiness. Dr Rick has spoken at the recent Melbourne and Hobart workshops, with outstanding reviews.
Further topics to be presented include:
- venous leg ulcers - a new perspective using compression
- nurse wellness
- asthma management - what's new?
- immunisation - how can you increase rates in your practice?
- nurse clinics - innovative strategies to establish your own nurse clinic
- nurses as leaders in cardiovascular disease management in primary care
- triage in primary care - what is your role?
- managing COPD - the role of the nurse in primary care
- men's health - how can primary care nurses engage men in their health?
- involving patients in their care planning
- kidney disease - what is the role of the primary care nurse in identifying patients at risk of chronic kidney disease?
- the progress of nursing in Australian general practice: opportunities, information and answers.
The two day workshop offers nurses access to quality education with the opportunity to accrue up to 10 CPD hours; practical tools and resources designed for nurses working in general practice; and an opportunity to network with colleagues and clinical experts.
Ph: (03) 9669 7400