- » Key resources and services
5th Annual national dementia congress
The theme of this congress is Making dementia care transformation happen today. This national event will examine dementia case studies and the latest innovations from across the whole dementia pathway, from diagnosis to end of life.
Conference themes include:
- living longer, living better care reform package
- pioneering research advances in dementia diagnosis and treatment
- how strong are the links between lifestyle and dementia?
- evaluating the role of the GP: whose responsibility is diagnosis?
- genetic screening: a risky approach?
- dementia-friendly environmental design
- effectively managing BPSD and challenging behaviours
- to what extent will assistive technologies replace one-to-one interaction?
- optimising service provision in younger onset dementia
- overcoming the stigma of dementia
- improving communication with and awareness of minority groups
- utilising a person-centred approach: best practice for nurses and carers.
Ph: (02) 9080 4090
Locked Bag 3001
Hawthorn Vic 3122
Ph: (03) 9815 7800
Fax: (03) 9815 7801