- » Key resources and services
Introduction to environmental health and disasters
The content of the short course is guided by a partnership between the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) USA, Environmental Health Australia (Queensland) Incorporated and Redland City Council.
Short course objectives
- introduce how environmental health infrastructure and practices are linked to healthy cities, communities and healthy people
- provide an overview of key environmental health urban and regional infrastructure and how this can be affected by natural disasters and climate change
- understand what should be considered to mitigate the environmental health risks after a disaster
- provide guidance on responding, assessing and addressing the environmental health impacts of a disaster using a population-based focus.
Director, Disaster Risk Reduction
International Federation of Environmental Health