- » Key resources and services
- » Conferences and events
- » Applying loss and grief to enhance bicultural awareness and inclusion to achieve cultural competency
Applying loss and grief to enhance bicultural awareness and inclusion to achieve cultural competency
This nationally recognised training program is for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal service providers. The workshop seeks to apply loss and grief to interpret the causal affects of Aboriginal major social, emotional, and health crises while imparting appropriate strategies to enable the cycle to be broken.
The workshop is comprised of the following content:
- conceptualising the links between inter-generational and contemporary losses and unresolved grief
- theory of loss and grief
- bicultural awareness that creates safety across all service providers
- designing biculturally sensitive regional programs.
Australian Institute for Loss and Grief
Ph: (08) 8341 5557
Fax: (08) 8242 2690