- » Key resources and services
Marumali risk management workshop
The two-day workshop provides an in-depth look at the Marumali journey of healing with an eye to identifying the risks and protective factors and how to manage these to ensure the safest possible journey for the survivor.
The workshop will focus on:
- the impact of removal policies on Aboriginal individuals, families and communities
- the losses and trauma survivors of removal policies need to deal with as part of their healing process
- some of the common clinical errors survivors of removal policies face when accessing mental health services
- the early stages of the Marumali healing journey and some of the risks and support needed for each stage
- an appropriate role for non-Aboriginal service providers offering assistance to survivors of removal policies.
This workshop work has been attended by medical and allied health professionals including social and emotional wellbeing workers, counsellors, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
Ph: (07) 4036 2374