- » Key resources and services
Australian Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation Association (ACRA) conference
The theme of this conference is Bridging the divide. The conference will focus on the issues of inequalities or 'gaps' in the experience and treatment of cardiovascular disease. The conference aims to recognise the challenges faced by both patients and health professionals in dealing with cardiovascular disease and the implications this has on the delivery of care to patients.
Sub themes will include:
- socioeconomic and social inequalities and how to address them
- cultural inequalities and Indigenous health, including promising practice and new models of care for Indigenous Australians
- gender gaps in treatment and access to services
- geographic inequalities, including regional/rural disadvantage, and alternatives to centre-based programs, including e-health and telehealth interventions
- psychosocial barriers - how psychosocial factors including anxiety, depression and social isolation impact on prognosis and other outcomes, and interventions to improve patients' self-management and psychosocial functioning
- heart failure update, including both research and program evaluation.
Conference Design Pty Ltd
228 Liverpool Street
Hobart Tasmania 7000
Ph: (03) 6231 2999
Fax: (030 6231 1522