- » Key resources and services
Environmental Health Professionals Australia (EHPA) Inaugural National Symposium
This symposium will provide networking and professional development opportunities for Australian Environmental Health Practitioners and allied professionals.
The symposium includes two presentations of specific relevance to Indigenous environmental health:
- Dr Tom Calma will deliver a keynote address about tackling smoking in Indigenous communities
- Uncle David Tournier and Gwenda Black, from Victoria's Wathaurong Aboriginal Cooperative, will speak about engaging Aboriginal communities.
Other keynote addresses include:
- Dr Robert E. Brackett (USA) - Emerging foodborne pathogens: keeping ahead of the bugs
- Dr Angela Merianos - WHO's alert and response to emerging infectious diseases
- Dr Yonatan Segal - Update on Zoonotic Diseases with a focus on Avian Influenza H5N1, Swine Flu, H1N1, Rabies and Hendra viruses
The symposium will be held at the Crown Promenade, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank Melbourne.
To register for the EHPA Inaugural National Symposium, use the contact details/links below.
EHPA Symposium Secretariat
PO Box 776
Heathcote Vic 3523
Ph: (03) 9018 9332