- » Key resources and services
by Arney F, Westby MA
||The Centre for Child Development and Education, Menzies School of Health Research
This literature review examined the prevention of and response to family violence, and focused on the engagement of Indigenous men in remote communities. This report included information on:
- barriers to engaging men
- service paradigms
- social exclusion
- changing the orientation of services to engage and support men
- exploring the potential role of a men's space.
The report highlighted the:
- need to work with Indigenous men
- limitations of mainstream law and order approaches to family violence
- lack of an evidence base for community-based approaches to family violence
- need to use models which represent men's attitudes to violence, health, service delivery and changes to behavior.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract