Can I ask...? An alcohol and drug clinician's guide to addressing family and domestic violence
- » Key resources and services
- » Bibliography
- » Can I ask...? An alcohol and drug clinician's guide to addressing family and domestic violence
by White M, Roche A, Nicholas R, Long C, Gruenert S, Battams S
||National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction
Abstract adapted from National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA)
This guide provides an introduction to family and domestic violence (FDV) for alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers and organisations. It provides information on the relationship between AOD use and FDV so workers can better support clients with AOD and FDV issues, and reduce the harm their children may experience.
The guide is presented in four parts:
- part A - a brief introduction to the relationship between AOD and FDV
- part B - identifies strategies for working with clients with FDV issues, suggests questions to ask, and offers 'tips and traps' for working with people experiencing or using violence
- part C - reviews policy and organisational responses
- part D - provides further information on the relationship between AOD and FDV with specific reference to prevalence, key issues, and specific client groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2015 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet