Justice and community safety in Western Australia: a call for efficient investment in effective outcomes
- » Key resources and services
- » Bibliography
- » Justice and community safety in Western Australia: a call for efficient investment in effective outcomes
by Western Australian Council of Social Service, Western Australian Association for Mental Health, Western Australian Network of Alcohol and other Drug Agencies
||Western Australian Council of Social Service
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
This report outlines offending and justice issues in Western Australia (WA), and recommends a policy shift to 'justice reinvestment', an approach that aims to address the risk factors of crime, crime prevention, and adequate rehabilitation of offenders. This report provides details on:
- current levels of offending in WA and the economic costs associated with these levels
- the health and social determinants of offending
- the role of the community sector
- barriers to the adoption of a 'justice reinvestment' approach in WA
- the 'delivering community services in partnership' policy in WA
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2016 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet