Aboriginal men's health strategy 2012-2015
- » Key resources and services
by Aboriginal Health
||Western Australian Department of Health
||31 August 2012
Abstract adapted from Department of Health, Western Australia
The Aboriginal men's health strategy 2012-2015 provides guidance for the Department of Health, Western Australia to work in partnership with non-government organisations and communities to improve the health of Aboriginal men. The strategy aims to improve the health outcomes for Aboriginal men to ensure that they live long and healthy lives, and is underpinned by the following principles:
- every male in Western Australia has the right to receive high-quality health care, regardless of their cultural background
- acknowledgement that Aboriginal men do not engage with health services and this should be addressed in service delivery models
- a workforce that understands and addresses cultural links will provide improved health care for Aboriginal men
- increased engagement with Aboriginal men, their families and communities will enhance the delivery of health services.
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2014 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet