Petrol, paint and other inhalants
- » Key resources and services
by Gobbert S, Keech J, Kelly C, Stubbs E, Trowbridge K
||Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work
||University of Sydney
||9781742102672 (hard copy)
Abstract adapted from the University of Sydney
This chapter is from the Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work and provides information for alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers on petrol, paint and other inhalants, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's use of inhalants
- commonly used inhalants
- common ways to use inhalants
- inhalants' effects on the body
- how to recognise harms from inhalants
- how to recognise inhalant dependence and withdrawal
- how to assess a client who uses inhalants
- how to help a client who uses inhalants
- available treatments
- reducing the harms associated with inhalant use if a person cannot or will not quit
- preventing inhalant use.
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2015 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet