- » Key resources and services
by Gill A
||Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work
||University of Sydney
||9781742102672 (hard copy)
Abstract adapted from the University of Sydney
This chapter is from the Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work and provides information for alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers on opioids, including:
- opioid use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- commonly used opioids
- opioids' effects on the body
- how to recognise harms from opioid use
- how to recognise opioid dependence
- how to recognise opioid withdrawal
- how to assess a client who uses opioids
- how to help a person who uses opioids
- opioid overdose
- reducing opioid-related harms if a client cannot will not quit
- preventing opioid use.
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2015 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet