- » Key resources and services
by Bullen L, Casey W, Childs S, Ferguson J, Jack P, Keats J, Miller L, Simpson L, Walker E, Winstock A, Woods J, Strong Spirit Strong Mind team
||Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work
||University of Sydney
||9781742102672 (hard copy)
Abstract adapted from the University of Sydney
This chapter is from the Handbook for Aboriginal alcohol and drug work and provides information for alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers about the role of AOD workers and general AOD information, including:
- what an Aboriginal Health Worker is
- why people become dependant on alcohol or drugs
- types of drugs
- overview of ways to help people addicted to alcohol or drugs
- getting a person to think about their substance use
- case management
- role of medicines
- mutual support groups
- residential rehabilitation
- how families can help.
No program(s) found.
No conference(s) found.
© 2001-2015 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet