- » Key resources and services
- » Bibliography
- » Tips and tricks for new players ... a guide to becoming familiar with the alcohol and other drugs sector [4th ed.]
by Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia
||Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia
This guide is a resource and orientation tool for new workers to the alcohol and other drugs (AOD) sector. It has a number of sections including:
- a comprehensive directory of key organisations within the AOD sector with information on contact details
- a list of Indigenous specific organisations relevant to the AOD sector
- information on continuing professional development and guidelines on developing skills in the workforce
- a succinct of list of terms commonly used in the AOD sector with a short description of what each means.
There are also research tips on how to find further information and some short articles from professionals working in the field. A constantly updated electronic version of the guide is available from the Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia (ADCA) website.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract