To coincide with Reconciliation Week National Indigenous Television (NITV) is screening a special three-part documentary series made by Indigenous WA film makers about extraordinary Indigenous lives.
From the Western Frontier, an initiative between Screen West and NITV, includes:
- My three families, where prominent Indigenous affairs trailblazer Sue Gordon AM opens up about being one of Western Australia's more famous members of the stolen generation
- Elizika, where director Kimberly West discovers the bravery of 26-year-old Broome girl Elizika Puertollano
- In Thunderstorms, Patrick Tittums tells writer-director Tyson Mowarin how his boyhood dream to be a pilot was crushed by a life of alcohol abuse. When the 'thunderstorms' washed his past sins away, Tittums recovered to live his dream as a pilot working in the mines.
Screening times are as follows:
- My three families - Sunday 25 May at 9:00pm
- Thunderstorms - Sunday 1 June at 9:00pm
- Elizika - Sunday 8 June at 9:00pm