Australia Post 2014 community grants
Date posted: 10 March 2014
Australian Post is calling on community groups and charitable organisations to apply for its Our neighbourhood community grants to fund local community projects.
This is the second year of the grants program and offers one-off cash payment of up to $10,000.
Australia Post Chief Executive Officer Ahmed Fahour said the grants provide the opportunities for community organisations to drive positive change in their own backyards.
Grant applications close on Friday 4 April at 5pm (AWST).
Grants will be awarded based on the following key focus areas:
- projects that connect and/or educate regional and remote communities digitally
- projects that support social enterprises to increase employment opportunities for marginalised Australians including Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, people with a disability, the aged and economically disadvantaged
- projects that foster whole of community spirit through connecting and supporting marginalised Australians including Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, people with a disability, the aged and economically disadvantaged
- projects that support communities to be better prepared for a disaster
- projects that support the start-up of small business in regional and remote communities through technology innovation.
Source: Pro Bono Australia news