National Lead Clinicians Group - 2014 Awards for excellence now open
Date posted: 30 November -0001
The National Lead Clinicians Group - 2014 Awards for excellence are now open.
The Awards for excellence aim to recognise and reward excellence in clinical leadership and collaboration, with the theme for this year being Excellence in innovative implementation of clinical practice.
There are three separate categories. Applicants may submit more than one application but each application must be for a single award category/stream.
- General (two awards): to recognise successful, innovative implementation of clinical practice guidelines and best practice models of care in any clinical discipline
- Antimicrobial resistance (two awards): to recognise successful, innovative implementation and best practice in the prevention and containment of antimicrobial resistance in the primary health and aged care sectors (applications from the acute care sector will be eligible if they can demonstrate involvement of the primary health or aged care sectors)
- Cultural competence in Indigenous care (two awards) - two streams: to recognise successful, innovative implementation of best practice culturally competent models of care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people:
- in the management of chronic disease including but not limited to chronic disease prevention; patient education, adherence and self-management; and integration of care across the care continuum
- in early childhood and maternal health care including but not limited to collaborative practice models and innovative approaches to monitoring outcomes.
Winners in each of the award categories will receive $10,000 in recognition of their work and the sharing of best practice, and up to twelve runners-up will each receive $3,000. Certificates will also be provided to all the award finalists.
For more information, and application details, please refer to the links below.
Source: Australian Government: National Lead Clinicians Group
National Lead Clinicians Group
Ph: (02) 6289 8760
Email: Lead Clinicians Groups