Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin Vol 10 No 2 now available
The April - June 2010 issue of the Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin is now 'in progress' and available online. The previous issue (January - March 2010) is available in the archives.
The current issue contains:
- Review: The 2008-2030 National Indigenous Health Equality Targets: suggestions for transforming potential into sustainable health improvements for Indigenous Australians
- Resource abstract: Working and walking together: supporting family relationship services to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and organisations
- Thesis: Martu tjitji pakani: Martu child rearing and its implications for the child welfare system
- Website: Queensland forensic mental health website
- Various journal articles and reports
The purpose of the Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin is to provide access to information of relevance to Australian Indigenous health. Reflecting the wide range of our users - policy makers, service providers, researchers, students and the general community - the HealthBulletin attempts to keep people informed of current events of relevance, as well as information about recent research.
The HealthBulletin is published as four cumulative issues per year.
- The home page presents a contents list for the current issue. Being a cumulative online journal - with new material added to each issue as it becomes available - the HealthBulletin contents list will lengthen as new material is added.
- A ‘Just in' section - entries in this section are listed in the reverse order to which they were added to the HealthBulletin - that is, the item added most recently is listed first.
- The ‘Topics' section comprises a cumulative index by topic of all content published from the April - June 2008 issue (Volume 8, number 2) onwards. Content published in previous issues of the HealthBulletin will not be included, but can be searched for in the archives. Only topic areas for which content has been published are included in the index.
- An RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed that keeps users informed of the latest content on the HealthBulletin, so that it's not necessary to visit the site to find updates.
- The ‘search' function lets you search for items in the current and past issues of the HealthBulletin, according to keyword.
As with all areas of our site, we welcome your assistance and contributions in making the Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin as useful as possible. You have the opportunity to publish your work in a journal recognised in the Australian Government's register of peer reviewed journals. If you would like to submit an article for inclusion in 'Original articles', 'Reviews' or 'Brief reports', please see the notes for contributors on the HealthBulletin website.
Deputy Editor, Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
Contact the HealthBulletin editorial team