Seminar presents research about ischemic heart disease (IHD) in Aboriginal people
Leading researchers in ischemic heart disease (IHD) among Aboriginal people, will present a lunchtime seminar this week in Perth, Western Australia (WA).
The seminar, hosted by the University of Western Australia (UWA) School of Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care (SPARHC), will provide insight into current IHD research projects. Presentations are:
- Introduction to project and brief overview of IHD in Aboriginal people in WA
- Presented by Judy Katzenellenbogen, Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health
- Disparities in transfers, angiography and CARPS for rural Aboriginal IHD patients in WA: a linked data analysis
- Presented by Derrick Lopez, Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health
- The path of care of patients who presented with symptoms of acute coronary syndrome to a regional hospital: a clinical audit focusing on inequities by Aboriginality
- Presented by Ben Scalley, Department of Health
For further information, including details about how to RSVP, click here.